A very merry Christmas to everyone! Looking forward to seeing you (and hopefully gen:SEASON 2!) in 2020!
What's on your mind?
I watched a little of Adel Aka's review of episode 8. It makes his RBWy negative reviews almost look sane. What is his idea of a "not boring/generic character design? Why doe she think the audience has been given nor eaosnt o care about the guy that died? Does he think he has exhibited 0 personality traits? rOr is it because he hasn't been shown having some dark gritty backstory? He emphasized Kazu not having some detail,d dark gritty backstory as his main reason or hating on of the episodes. I think what he is saying is'nt even review, but slander. At last with RWBY he seems to put some effort into looking liek ar reviewer and not a slanderer (Even though 99.1% of his channel is hundreds of RWBY hate videos and the other 0.9 % is slandering gunlock.
News from RTX Austin 2019 said that gL is not in development at the moment. RT decided to shift all their gears onto RWBY for the time being and then shift focuses to their other shows (gL and Nomad of Nowhere) when RWBY V7 finishes.
There is no official source for this information, just various tweets from people who went to RTX and heard this. This is the best, fullest account of this news, from a YouTuber I have a lot of respect for: youtube.com/watch?v=qgDq5Lmz2E0&t=414s
So, this does not mean gL is on hiatus or that it "doesn't look like it will come back." It just means that RT Animation does not have any specific time frame on exactly WHEN it will come back.
Gray was on a genLOCK related interview. Thought I'd post it here.
With the community growing and us already having a few... "incidences", it's about time we started developing a set of ban guidelines to go along with the general rules. Any ideas on how to go about it?
Looking at some location image galleries, I wanted to bring up a question on how we'd handle it.
Right now [[Chicago/Gallery]] only has the scenic imagery screenshots in it (the latter three images of which I added just to keep it consistent) while the [[Anvil/Gallery]] and [[Dallas]] galleries both have every screenshot taken in the setting itself.
I prefer doing it how we have the Anvil and Dallas pages (among others, I'm sure) because it's a much easier standard to follow than "the ones that are scenic".
For the gen:LOCK six, we have profile sections dating back to when the trailers first aired. I don't really know if we need these because they don't add much to the character page. I believe we added them because they were among what little we knew of the characters back in those early days.
Instead of separate pages for battles at locations, could we have the battle as a tab/subpage for the location?
I saw that some character Relationships pages were called Affiliations at one point. Wouldn't that be the better title to work with?
User Juice7739 proposed that the name be changed as such since "Body Suit" is kinda generic. I wouldn't mind the change, but I wanted to know what you would all think.
Also, they wanted to add a trivia bit about the armor functionality being similar to the Halo Mjolnir armor in terms of reading the nervous system's intent and responding as such. I said that regardless of similarity, any unconfirmed intent isn't trivia worthy.
I'd say we should just make what we have under "Suit 2" as "Suit" and get rid of the original suit iterations. They're the same outfits, but now the gL crew has personalized them. That sort of thing. Val added a cloak and "knife pockets" etc, but it's the same outfit.
I'm not entirely clear on when gen:LOCK episodes other than the premiere are set to be released to the public. When will it be?
Alright, it's about time we started working on a proper ruleset for us to follow and enforce. What are your suggestions? Anyone can participate.
We need pages for the Union mechs, the spider tanks and the four-armed thing from episode 4. Does anyone know what the official names for them are. or have good suggestions for names?
I'm building a playlist of YouTube videos for the music used during gen:LOCK. Currently it's just the Battle Tapes songs from their official channel, but I'll keep an eye out for videos for the other songs.
Should I add them to the profilepic tabbers on their pages, or no?
(This is just about the main ones they come in as, and not the few they shuffle through. Obviously, Chase wouldn't get one for his.)
For the past week or so, myself and other active users have talked about who would be willing to assume staff roles with most current ones inactive, and form a new team now that the show is getting underway. Now, allow me to introduce gen:LOCK wikia's new staff!